Saturday, April 18, 2009

Birthday Card

Hi! Hope everyone is having a good day!! It is raining like crazy here. We are under a flash flood warning in our area! Great day for paper crafting! Anyway, I started this card for a challenge about a week ago. The challenge was to use the colors bright blue, bright pink, and bright orange. I got the card made and that was about it. Now that I have my new Penny Black stamps and it's been raining I figured I would finish the card. This is how it turned out.


After I colored the stamp with prismacolors and gamsol, I used stickles to cover the balloons. I love stickles!!
On the inside of the card I made a pocket to put money in for those last minute birtday parties the boys go to.


SUPPLIES: blue, pink, orange, and white cardstock, Penny Black stamp, prismacolor pencils, versamark ink, stickles, and hero arts stamps.

5 comments:

Winter said...

Hey Lori! How about this weather?!? It's crazy! Your cards are so cute! Cute little hedgehog! Great layout too! I am way behind on my pages too, one day we'll get caught up! :)

~amy~ said...

Fun Money holder...great job coloring! Thanks for playing with us over at 365 Cards!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your card! Love your shading and the sparkle on the balloons! The post below with the cute hedgehog and ladybug is adorable. I am always amazed at how much impact a CAS (clean and simple) card can have. Thanks for the kind comments on my blog and you are amazingly talented for a card "newbie". Great job!

Jana said...

How fun would it be to receive this card. Love it. That cat is adorable and you have colored him in beautifully.

Winter said...

Hey Lori! I left you something over at my blog! :)